Template Step management
This panel is used to list and manage all template steps of Ramses.
Template steps can be used when configuring a project and its pipeline, to quickly create steps for the project. Read the section about Pipelines for more details about steps, and the section about the step management in the Ramses Client Application to learn how to create and manage steps inside projects.
The list on the left lists all the template steps, and you can use the Search field to filter them by name or ID.
When changing the size of the rows in the list, more details about each template step can be displayed.
Use the button to create a new template step. The button removes the selected template steps from Ramses1.
You can use the
[Shift + A] shortcut key to quickly add template steps.
You can use the
[Shift + X] shortcut key to quickly remove selected template steps.
You can scroll all lists using
[Middle click] as well as the
All these settings can be safely changed at any time as this information is not actually used in Ramses but just read at the moment a step is created from a template.
- Name is the template step’s display name.
- ID is the unique identifier which is used in the files and folders (see the Ramses Tree section and the Ramses naming convetions).
- Comment can be any text associated to the template step.
- Use the Type list to set the type of the step. Read this for more information about step types.
- The color is used to display the steps in the user interface and easily differenciate them in lists and the schedule.
- Input a custom hexadecimal color code in the field.
- Click the button to use a nice color selector.
- You can set the default estimation for the step. Read the section about Production Planning for more information.
- For Shot Production steps, you can select if the estimation has to be evaluated per shot or on the duration, per second.
- You can set a different default estimation for shots or assets depending on the difficulty. Estimation is made in days.
The data is not actually deleted from the server nor the local data, but just flagged as removed. A server administrator can still restore the data at any time, but there is no way (yet) to do that from the user interface of the application. ↩