Ramses Server update
Before updating, it is always a good habit to backup your data!
- Backup the server files (php): download them or move them to another folder. If you’re using SQLite, the database is included in these files, it is the
- Backup the data if you’re using a MySQL server. Use phpMyAdmin to export the database, or any backup provided by your web hosting provider.
- Keep a copy of of the config folder in a safe place! If you lose the information from these files, you’ll permanently lose access to part or all of your data, and nobody will ever be able to retrieve it. But be careful, if anyone gets access to them, they will be able to access and decrypt your data without you knowing it.
With this copy of your server, you’ll be able to easily retrieve your data or revert to the previous version if anything goes wrong.
The safe update procedure is as follow:
- Un-Zip the Ramses Server you’ve downloaded.
- Download the current config folder from your server and keep it safe.
- Update the new version of config/config.php with the same information from the one you’ve just retrieved.
- Update the new version of config/config_logs.php with the same information from the one you’ve just retrieved.
- Upload all files and folders from the update package to your server, except the folder named install.
In the future, when Ramses won’t be in a test version anymore, there should be an automatic update procedure.